Sales of concrete pavers and segmental concrete pavement system projects continue to reach post-recession highs.
Grow with the industry. Become a WHA Certified Concrete Paver Installer, THE industry’s recognized credential that demonstrates to customers your knowledge and skills. You will be able to:
- Enhance your efficiency and bottom line by using industry best practices
- Improve your personal and company’s marketability
- Help protect yourself and your company in customer disputes by adhering to the WHA best practice installation guidelines
ABOUT THE COURSE
The two-day classroom-based course equips individuals currently employed in the segmental concrete pavement industry with training on the proper installation of interlocking concrete pavement systems. Participants have the opportunity to pursue certification and industry recognition after completing a separate application form that includes installation experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Job planning and layout
- Soil classification and compaction
- Bedding and joint sand
- Paver selection and installation
- Use of labor-saving specialty tools
- Edge restraints
- Base material selection and compaction
- Attend a WHA Concrete Paver Installer course – Check our calendar here.
- Earn a passing score of 75% or higher on the exam.
- Complete and submit an Application for Certification (documenting required installation experience of at least 5 projects and 10,000 sq. ft.)
*After attending and passing the course, a Record of Completion is issued.
**Once issued, certification is valid for two years. During each two-year term, WHA Certified Installers must earn 8 continuing education credits in order to renew certification.
***Installation experience is a one-time requirement. It can be taken from any period of time that a person has been installing Interlocking Concrete Pavements. Installers can go back as many years as needed to fulfill the requirements.
The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) provides classes for certification and numerous networking events throughout the year.
Find a Professional in Your Area
Interlocking concrete pavement systems are best built by professional contractors specializing in segmental pavement construction. They can complete a high-quality job quickly and safely because they have the right equipment and materials.